Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sweet Motherly Caroline

All of our friends are always saying how well behaved and mild mannered she is. I am not sure that is in reference to the fact that she is nearly perfect or if they are referring to how calm she is compared to Thomas!

Caroline is by far the best mom to her dozen babies that I have ever seen. She loves to play with them and will get completely lost in them. But, we have a little problem. All of our babies live in a nudist colony! We had some friends over for dinner Sat. night and the 8 year old son finally asked "What is up w/the no clothes?" I tell people who give her dolls not to be offended, but the clothes are long gone as soon as we get the dolls! I try to keep them in a bin, but we have no idea what outfit goes on what doll. Caroline just likes to take the clothes off and feed/wipe and change the babies. She also loves to put them to bed and remind our company that they need to be quiet because her babies are sleeping. 25+ years from now (yes I am keeping my fingers crossed it will be that long) she will make an excellent mother.

Andy has been out of town this week and we were playing w/her dolls last night. She came to me and said one of her babies bit her (on the boob). I tried to explain to her that this was part of being a mom. She didn't like it and made her baby go to her room and shut the door. Of course she kept going back in every 30 seconds to discuss the situation. Funny thing was, every time the baby came out-the same thing kept happening. She finally came to me wanting me to give the baby a spanking. I tried to explain to her you really can't punish a baby for that...oh well-she will learn in time!

No comments: